Yosemite is known as a great place for rock climbing and hiking. However, sometimes even those climbers that have years of experience are finding it tough to climb on some of the stunningly massive cliffs. The biggest challenge you will face when coming to Yosemite is choosing where to climb. There are hundreds of great rock-climbing spots, so you might be overwhelmed with the choice. There are rock climbing spots in all shapes and sizes. There are mild climbs for beginners, but also some challenging mega-rocks for experienced climbers. So, where you should start climbing if your time is limited? The following are the top climbing spots for all types of climbers, including beginners and experienced climbers. Make sure you check them out and enjoy rock climbing at the fabulous Yosemite National Park.
- Sacherer Cracker is an excellent place for climbing up a steep, great wall. After you pass a hundred feet of climbing you will reach a widening where you can rest. The approach pitch is short, but should not be underestimated. This is definitely great rock climbing spot, especially loved by experienced climbers.
- East Buttress is five hundred meter long climbing spot that is really exciting and interesting to climb. The entire climbing route is attractive and gradually increases in difficulty. Many pitches along the way are well exposed, some easier than others, but pretty much all of them offer great views on El Capitan. Some places might be difficult to climb for first-timers, but with proper preparation everything can be achieved. After you complete this climb you will get the sense you have achieved something extraordinary.
- Bishop`s Terrace is labeled as one of the best rock-climbing spots in the Yosemite Valley. The wonderful hand jams are main characteristic of this climbing spot, but there are also several double cracks and a wide section. Some climbers find Bishop`s Terrace to be the best spot for climbers of all experiences, while some find it great for preparing to climb the tougher Yosemite rocks.
- Royal Arches is half a kilometer long climb that has all kinds of climbing features. The bottom part is easier to climb, while the upper half of this rock-climbing spot is a bit more challenging. This is a good place for climbers that have medium experience in climbing, but anyone can enjoy climbing at this spot. It is a very scenic place with many great features while you climb.
- Regular Northwest Face is another great place for rock-climbing, as it offers something nice for everyone. There is a long approach that leads to the top, and because this spot faces north you will get a feeling like you are climbing on the Alps. This is a very popular rock-climbing spot where you start climbing at low angle and then the climb gets steeper and more challenging. The last few pitches from this climb are pretty amazing, so if you are a climber then you must check out this beautiful spot.
This article was sponsored by Sexting Chat, the #1 app to cure loneliness while on the move. Signup for free today and meet others while traveling.